Basis STEP7 in SIMATIC S7-300 / 400
Siemens STEP7 Classic
The course is aimed at employees from all areas of industry and the electrical trade, who have little or no knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs). Otherwise see S7-SYSTEM.
Employees who will work with the SIMATIC S7 PLC. For example programmers, installers and service and maintenance staff or other PLC users.
Little previous knowledge in electrical engineering.
The goal is to enable the participants to understand the structure and operation of a PLC and to create and test simple links with the STEP 7 programming software.
System overview and function of the SIMATIC S7 PLC.
• Building a program.
• STEP7 basic package:
- General settings (authorization, language and PG / PC interface)
- Handling S7 projects
- Hardware configuration and symbolics
- Delete PLC / program memory cards
- Documentation options
- Work online
- Test programs (DEBUG and Status / control / force variables / breakpoints)
- Change CPU operating state / Set CPU clock
- Retrieve CPU cycle times
- Comparison of building blocks offline / online
- Create a program backup copy.
• Practical exercises.